Monday, June 13, 2011

Hope For The Future

I think about my childhood often and what the world was like back then....It seems like a lifetime ago, however I remember the world being a much better place.  It frightens me to think about the future of my children.  I believe that unless many things change they will not have the same opportunities that my generation had and took for granted.  Politicians are playing not only with our immediate future, but the future of our children, which is unforgivable to me.  My hope is that the people of this country wake up and remember the values and patriotism in which our country was built.  I will be the first to admit that we need change, however we need the kind of change that comes with honesty, hard work, values and leading by example.  Promises are fantastic, unfortunately, empty promises leave us in the kind of situation our country is in now....whatever side of the isle you may be on, it is hard to deny that we are not headed in the ideal direction.  I have not lost faith that we can turn this situation around, however I do believe our buffer is becoming smaller by the day.  I promised to dedicate this blog to everything kids, and in my opinion this little rant is the least I can do for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment